Monday, August 3, 2009

First Monday of the Month-- Painting (1)

I thought I'd start showing some of the paintings I've done in the past here. This one I did four years ago and it has remained one of my favorites. It was also one of the first paintings I did with oils, which was a very interesting experience. I'm now in the process of doing a bigger painting with my friend (the one that talked to trees as a child), who recently decided to try out oil paint. This is exciting because before that she was all acrylics, all the time (except when she mixed it up a little and added sand to one of her paintings. I thought that was clever). We've sketched out what we want to do, but haven't put brush to canvas yet since she's leaving to India for a month and then when she comes back we're off to New Orleans for a bit. After that, we'll begin. I'm so anxious!

In other news, I'm so close to being done with my latest sketch book entry. It'll be up in the next day or so!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin