Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Witty Wednesday (15):

As I'm looking through quotes and words of wisdom that might inspire my current sketch I've come upon many interesting and witty words by interesting and witty people. So why not put them together with some inspiring images and share with you! Not a new idea, I know, but oldies could be goodies! Enjoy... ((Click on the images for their source))


"For there is nothing either good or bad, thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616), Hamlet, II.ii

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
- Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

"What do you take me for, an idiot?;"
General Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970), when a journalist asked him if he was happy
{Tree-talking friend would like this one}
(No source for image)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
- Frank A. Clark
(No source for image)

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
- C. G. Jung (1875-1961)

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important."
- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

And my favorite of the day...

"Don’t be so humble - you are not that great."
- Golda Meir (1898-1978), to a visiting diplomat

1 comment:

  1. I really love all the home decor... especially fond of the heavy glass with viney/twig flowers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin